Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Trash to Treasure

    I am one of those crazy people who stop for good items on the side of the road.
 It's crazy some of the things that people throw away, perfectly good items also.    Btw, my husband just shakes his head at my findings.
  The other day I passed a living room set, normally I really pass these up, but I thought I saw something, so I turned around to take a better look. Sure enough sitting beside this dumpster was a chaise lounge.
                                              

Before

You can't see in the photo, but someone had used the cushion as a ironing board, it had iron marks all over it. The rest of the fabric still looked and felt brand new.
It had round bun feet, which were in great shape but I wanted to change them out with some others that I had.
I took the cushion and reupholstered it in some tan suede like fabric I had in my stash.
It has become the favorite seat in our family room.

After

The feet I put on it made it a little higher, but I like that.
Now onto sewing the new curtains!


                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment